Saturday, February 12, 2011

A new high, a new start

So I met with my ob/gyn yesterday for my annual visit. We've been off the pill since May. However, in August things went wonky...period in July just on time then not again til October then not again until January. So she sent me home with provera to get things started. And to help make me more regular, control the PCOS, and make me more fertile I'm back on Metformin. That's the good news and the positive comments.

Then there's the fact that my weight has reached a new all time height. Granted it's only by 1.8lbs, but seriously a new high. So depressing. I can't seem to get back into Thrive! It limits things and I don't do well with that. So here's the plan...

Back to journaling on sparkpeople.com and keeping track of the calories and fat/protein/carb distribution of my foods. As for how I'll be eating...well low calorie of course, I plan to follow Thrives! timing guidelines, and combining all the good things I learned from Thrive! combined with all the good things I've picked up from weight watcher friends. This way I can still have a little chocolate without feeling totally deprived. We'll see how it goes.

I will start wearing a pedometer then working on accomplishing 12,000 steps a day.

I will start playing the Biggest Loser Wii game I bought a year ago.

Those are the starting plans. I weighed in and recorded my weight this morning. I'll get measurements later today. Then every Saturday I'll be weighing in and doing measurements once a month.

Now I'm off to work on laundry and dishes.

1 comment:

  1. Be careful... each time I got pregnant I was in weight loss mode. It makes you more fertile. However, I think that's what you want ;-)

    (((hugz)))
    good luck TTC!!!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete