Friday, June 15, 2012

Insurance hoops

This morning I met with the psychologist for the last mandatory session prior to surgery. I've completed my 6 month supervised diet. I've attended the mandatory support group session.  Now we wait.  First we wait for the dictation of all the appts to be complete. That should take 1 to 2 weeks. Then they will submit me to insurance for approval. That should take from 1 to 6 weeks.  So it's looking like I'm on track to have 85% of my stomach removed come the middle of August.  I'm excited and nervous.  I'm very excited that the majority of the Ghrelin hormones will be removed.

In other news I got my first pedicure last weekend...and yesterday I left the Drs office with a very strong antibiotic because I have an infection in my left big toe...sigh. No more professional pedicures for me! Will stick to the fun mom/daughter bonding ones we do at home.

And the nice surprise yesterday...I'm down to 279.  I went away last weekend and ate out and ate out, one place including The Melting Pot and I managed to lose a couple of pounds!  I'm super excited that the changes I'm making are working!

Those changes combined with the tool I'll be getting in August make me hopefully that there's a new life unfolding at my feet!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!!

    Keep on keeping on girl!
    ((hugz))
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete